How Heat Affects the Antibodies in the SUCCEED® FBT
- When the test gets too hot, changes occur in the tertiary structure of the antibodies.
- Once the antibody reaches a critical temperature, the test is rendered useless, as the antigens will no longer react to the antibodies to produce a clear result.
- With sufficient heat damage to the antibodies, the control lines on the two parts of the FBT would fail to appear. This is your tell-tale sign that the test is defective.
How to Protect the SUCCEED® FBT from:
- Veterinary supply distributors are advised to store the product in refrigerated warehouses.
- Kits are shipped in insulated cartons with cold packs.
- Packing the cassettes in foil pouches, including a desiccant pack in each foil pouch
- Sealing the jar lid
How to Ensure a Viable Test
- Keep the FBT refrigerated at all times.
- For the ambulatory vet, take just the number of kits needed for the day’s calls and keep them in a cooler or refrigeration unit, if your truck is so equipped.
- Be sure to remove any test kits from the truck at the end of the day and return them to the refrigerator overnight.
- Do not open each component until ready to use.
Get More Information on the SUCCEED® FBT
Ask Us About a Free Trial
Purchase the SUCCEED® FBT
The SUCCEED FBT is available for purchase through your veterinary supply distributor.
Take the next steps toward achieving complete GI health.
Are you interested in continuing the conversation on how to achieve and maintain total digestive health in your clients’ horses? Let us know how we can help.